Heading to Venice on Vacation & Want a bit more insider information on this amazing island city? Here we have 5 quick tips to help travelers get the most out of visiting Venice, Italy. With over 20 million visitors a year Venice is quite popular, but let us help you figure out a few things you should know before you go to Venice.
1. Be Prepared to Get Lost: wandering the back alleys and canals is vital for enjoying Venice, Italy. However, some tourists might get a bit scared not being on a popular tourist route. Well with tons of signs and locals that know tourists get lost you won’t be lost long (it is an island after all). So grab a map and still get lost enjoying those amazing hidden squares and cafes.
2. Pack Your Patience: with 20 million tourists Venice is inundated with tourists all parts of the years (especially in summer). So be prepared to wait in line for sights, wait for restauratns, fight through crowds to go over the Railto bridge etc.
3. Don’t Expect The Greatest Italian Food: with all of the tourists that come not all the restaurants try their hardest. They know tons more tourists are coming the next day. So ask one of the locals for some local places to try some local food and you will be better off.
4. Dress Modestly: some of the churches will not let you in to visit their collections if you are not dressed appropriately.
5. There Is More Than Just The Venice Island in Venice: go explore some of the outlying islands like Murano where you can see the glass blowers, or visit the beaches just outside of town in the warmer months. Also, you can save a lot of money staying in Mestre instead of on the island of Venice.
USA Today & 10Best’s #1 Independent Travel Videographer 2014
FlipKey by TripAdvisor Top 10 Travel Bloggers 2014
Sony Alpha a6000 Digital Camera. Great for Capturing Amazing Photos and HD Video.
GoPro Hero4: Digital Camera for On The Go Fun in 4K
SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB – SD Disk: For Saving All The Video Footage Without Having to Switch Chips
Video Editing Software: Sony Movie Studio 13 – Fast, Easy & Affordable to Make Great Videos at a Great Price
Tripod – Manfrotto Compact Travel Tripod – The Size to Travel, but the Sturdiness of a Professional Tripod
For More Travel Gear & Accessories Visit Our Amazon Travel Gear Shop
Find More Videos At:
Subscribe to Wolters World on YouTube!
Follow Us At
best places to eat near me